The M16A3 is an assault rifle that's chambered in the 5.56x45mm cartridge. It deals 35 damage overall (3x Head, 2x Torso, 0.5x Limbs). With good accuracy, fast firerate, quick reload and an average 30 round magazine, making the rifle effective for close to medium ranged encounters.
However, the weapon has high recoil, which in turn makes it ineffective for long ranged combat.
The M16A3 has many ways for it to be modified, these include the sights, barrel, grip, other and ammo. This allows the player to add several attachments that can alter the weapons stats to their liking.
- Try to use the M16A3 for close and medium ranged encounters when possible.
Pros and Cons
- High Damage
- High Firerate
- Quick Reload Time
- Average Magazine
- Ineffective at Long Range
- High Recoil
- The M16A3 is an actual firearm: Wikipedia Article
- The M16A3 and the M4 are the only variants of the M16 rifles that are actually in the game.
- The M16A3 and the M4 are almost if not identical to each other in terms of stats from the firerate, accuracy, recoil, damage and even the sounds. The only main difference between the two is the models and the textures of the weapons.
- The M16A3 appears out of place due to the developers forgetting to remove it from testing.