The RPK-74M is a decently powerful automatic rifle. It is accurate and provides good damage output, while having a large magazine size for sustained fire. It is also quite accurate.
However, it has high recoil, making it ineffective for long ranged combat without spacing out shots and attachments to reduce it though is possible.
The RPK-74M can be modified in four ways, being the sights, barrel, other and the ammo. These allow the user to modify and alter the weapon's stats to their liking.
- Try to use the RPK-74M for close to medium ranged combat only, long range combat is difficult using the base rifle.
Pros and Cons
- High Damage
- Fast Firerate
- Moderate Accuracy
- Decent Magazine Size
- High Recoil
- Ineffective at Long Range
- The RPK-74M is similar to the AK-47 in stats. However the RPK has more accuracy at the cost of some firerate and having four attachment options unlike the AK-47's 8.
- The RPK-74M in-game is incorrectly chambered in 7.62x39mm. Its real life counterpart is chambered in 5.45x39mm M74.
- The in-game viewmodel model isn't an RPK-74M, but rather an RPK-74. The M stands for "Modernizirovannij" or "Modernized."