The SKS is a semi-automatic carbine chambered in the 7.62x39mm M43 cartridge. It deals 40 damage overall (2.85x Head, 2x Torso, 0.5x Limbs) with Iow recoil, a quick reload and high accuracy making it effective for medium and long ranged combat.
However, the below average firerate and the magazine size being rather small, only holding 10 rounds before needing a reload, makes the SKS hard to use when in close encounters with enemies.
The SKS can be modified through four ways, these include the sights, barrel, other and ammo. Use these to upgrade and alter the weapon's stats to your liking.
- Try to use the SKS for medium to long range combat only, close ranged combat can be hard with the firerate and the amount of ammo you have in the magazine especially against groups.
- If you're looking to use the SKS for long ranged combat like sniping, make sure to attach a scope and other attachments.
Pros and Cons
- High Damage
- High Accuracy
- Quick Reload
- Small Magazine (10)
- Below Average Firerate
- Ineffective at Close Range
- The SKS is a real-life firearm: Wikipedia Article
- The magazine of the SKS apparently has two blue stripes, it service lot of purposes. E.g., in real life situations: identifier owner of that magazine, marked different ammunition is in the magazine so no one confused. By just strap on each a different color tape.